Looking for an exciting career in Advanced Manufacturing?
We have the training for you – CNC Machinist Accelerated Training Classes through our regional community colleges!
You will learn to interpret blueprints, set up manual and CNC machines, perform basic and advanced machining operations, and make decisions to ensure that work quality is maintained.
This 18-21 week course includes:
- Training in Manual Machining, BPR/Metrology, CNC Turning, and CNC Milling.
- 2 NIMS (National Institute for Metalworking Skills) Credentials.
- An innovative Human Resources Development (HRD) component – enhance your job seeking skills with industry-specific training on interviewing, resume writing, communication, and more!
Skills required for the course:
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8 hours/day
- Demonstrated knowledge of hand tools
- Computational and analytical math skills
How can I learn more?
We have begun our assessments for the next cycles of CNC machinist training. Currently, we are conducting orientations and assessments for classes as follows:
- Guilford Technical Community College: Summer 2014
You just need to click the link below, "Click here to begin the initial screening process". Please make sure to read the instructions carefully, as testing will be available in multiple locations.
If you have already completed an interest application, log back in using your username and password, and you will be able to schedule yourself for one of our upcoming assessment dates.
Customers – If you have already completed a Machinist Assessment, there is a 30 day waiting period before you can retest.
If you are not sure of your status, or want to learn what you need to do to upgrade your skills, please contact Marsha Ellis, at 336-373-3015, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more, view this video about Machining Programs at GTCC