NC CENTER FOR GLOBAL LOGISTICS
Are you interested in an exciting career in the Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Industry?
Do you want a career not just a job?
We have the training for you – Global Logistics Accelerated Training - through our regional community colleges!
You will learn to workplace skills, supply chain management, logistics and transportation, warehouse operations, SCM information technology, and safety compliance.
This 6 week course includes:
- 45 hours of online study time
- 45 hours of class time
- Class meets two days per week
- Includes a one year membership to AST&L (American Society of Transportation & Logistics)
Skills required for the course:
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8 hours/day
- Demonstrated knowledge of hand tools
- Computational and analytical math skills
How can I learn more?
We have begun our assessments for the next cycles of GLA training. Currently, we are conducting orientations and assessments for classes as follows:
- NCWorks Career Centers of Guilford County with 2 locations in Greensboro and 1 in High Point: Summer 2015
You just need to click the link below, "Click here to begin the initial screening process". Please make sure to read the instructions carefully, as testing will be available in each NCWorks Career Center location.
If you have already completed an interest application, log back in using your username and password, and you will be able to schedule yourself for one of our upcoming assessment dates.
Customers – If you have already completed a GLA Assessment, there is a 30 day waiting period before you can retest.
If you are not sure of your status, or want to learn what you need to do to upgrade your skills, please contact Jeanette Hardie at 336-882-4141 ext. 8581 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).